So hunnies I have been a lazy chef lately! But that doesnt mean my creative juices have run dry! Oh how could that even happen to someone like me? I always have something to say, do , show or tell…there might be annoying moments in my life but never a dull moment 🙂
Anyway the best part about cooking this dish was the aroma! You could smell it every where in the house but I loved the smell when the onions, jalapenos and garlic were sauteing in the pan! I know most people hate the smell of garlic but I have some strange love for it! Could be cultural cause I remember my mom always dumping ginger and garlic in everything and going aaahh smells so good everyday 🙂 This is a quick and easy recipe for a day when you have no energy and want dinner wrapped up in 30 mins tops! Anyway enjoy and do let me know what you think if you give this recipe a try!
1 box Fettuccine
2 Chicken Breasts (cubed)
1 or 2 Jalapeno Peppers (chopped)
1/2 Onion (Chopped)
3 to 4 Garlic cloves (Chopped)
1 cup Parmesan Cheese
1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
1/4 Cup Lime Juice
8 to 10 Cilantro sticks chopped
Salt according to Taste
1/4 Teaspoon Cumin
1 Tablespoon Butter
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
1. Cook the Fettuccine as per the directions on the box.
2. Start with sauteing Olive Oil and Butter in a large pan over medium heat.
3. After the butter melts add Jalapenos, Onions and garlic to the pan (prepare to bask in the delicious aroma!)
4. Once the Onion has softened (about 3 minutes) add chicken, salt, cumin. and lime juice.
5. Lower the temperature and Continue cooking till chicken is no longer pink and fully cooked.
6. Add Heavy cream to the pan and continue stirring till the chicken is entirely covered with heavy cream.
7. Add Parmesan cheese and cilantro and continue stirring.
7. I garnished with some baby tomatoes and fresh cilantro leaves. And for some added spicy Sirarcha 🙂
Go to My Kitchen for other recipes I have concocted.